I want to offer people a simple introduction to drawing at an affordable price.
Many new artists struggle with concepts and subjects that are too complex and in turn they feel discouraged about drawing.
In this 50 min. fully narrated HD tutorial I talk through my process of drawing a very simple female portrait sketch.
I use HB & 2B Steadtler pencils on Strathmore Bristol dry media paper.
A point I feel is important is that it is not essential to use expensive materials for this type of sketching.
My goal in this tutorial is to create a great looking, finished sketch in a very short amount of time and with practice, you can achieve the same.
Included is a high res jpg of the finished sketch for you to use as reference.
I talk about:
• Simple approach and steps to female portraits
• Proportions and relationships between landmarks
• Practicing from memory and reference
• Approach to eyes, nose, mouth and other facial landmarks
• The benefits of regular sketching
• Basic shading
You'll get six video files and hi-res jpeg for your drawing reference.